Well, style can be superficial if that’s the only thing that guides you, but if so, you’re probably not a Mixonian reader. (BTW, Mixonian attracts many sublime goddesses.) Our tagline could be “Be smart, Look good.”
By style we mean putting some effort into the appearance of your person, and of your living and work spaces. Both Puritans and extreme economists delegate everything related style to the trash bin because of their focus on net utility. For us….style really does matter.
These are the first five definitions from dictionary.com:
style /staɪl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stahyl] Show IPA Pronunciation ,
noun, verb styled, styl⋅ing.
–noun 1. a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
2. a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
3. a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
4. an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
5. a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness.
5 Reasons Why Style Matters
1. If you look good, you feel good, and people are attracted to you.
2. The quest for beauty is part of the universal human experience, even for Puritans and economists.
3. It’s fun.
4. It’s a way to shape your tiny fragment of the universe.
5. People with style, which is not the same as being in style, are more confident.
For absolutely fabulous stylish photos to inspire you, check out the satorialist.