If you’re like me, you love this time of the year. Then again, there are these holiday moments when you’re desperate to make the world stop for a minute or a day or a few days.
Like when you think you’re mostly done with shopping and you remember that you need to get ONE more gift.
Here’s what I suggest:
Take one thing off your plate today. Or add something that pampers you.
You can take more tasks off your list, one is the minimum.
* Wait until after Christmas to send your cards.
* Wait until Valentine’s Day to send out cards.
* Take one item off your holiday menu or baking list.
* Turn down one party invitation.
* Lower your standards of gift-wrap excellence.
* Play hooky from work a day, or even a half day. A lot of you have accumulated sick days. What about your mental health?
* Hire a cleaning service for your home. Even if it’s for after Christmas, you’ll have something special to look forward to.
* Take a two-hour lunch.
* Schedule a massage. You can do this during your two-hour lunch.
* Get your nails done. Or maybe have your make-up done at Ulta.
* Take a deep breath and take a look around you. Give thanks for all your blessings.
* Take a nap!
The holiday season is for us to enjoy each other. What would it take to bring your joy back up to the surface?